The 5th MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE
Worldwide hotspot for innovation and networking: The 5th MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE
MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE is celebrating its 5th anniversary on 14th and 15th November at MEDICA 2017. This lighthouse event of the world’s largest medical trade fair MEDICA (more than 130,000 participants, 5,000 exhibitors), brings together internationally renowned sports medicine experts, physiotherapists, sports techies and visionaries for interdisciplinary dialogue on innovative approaches in prevention, regeneration and rehabilitation.
Leading sports physicians and other well-known international experts will participate in six exciting sessions, on two conference days, in the following topics:
- Sports Medicine – The Future is Now
- Exercise – From Idea to Action
- Latest Innovations in Monitoring Vital Data and Sports Performance
- Guided Innovation Tour MEDICA
- Tailored Exercise Programs
- Digital Innovations in Recreational and Elite Sports
The following speakers will be present in Düsseldorf:
- Dr. Yannis Pitsiladis | Professor of Sports & Exercise Science, University of Brighton | Member of Medical and Scientific Commission, International Olympic Committee (IOC) | Executive Member of FIMS
- Dr. med. Wilhelm Bloch | Head of Department, Molecular & Cellular Sports Medicine, German Sport University Cologne, Vice-President DGSP
- Tony Hope | Director Digital Sports, adidas
- Alberto Bichi | Secretary General, Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry FESI
- Lutz Herdener | Deputy Director, Central University Sports Munich, Technical University Munich
- Laura Hottenrott | Professional Athlete, Runner
- Pekka Hyysalo | Freestyle Skier, Founder of FightBack
- Raija Laukkanen | Director, Science Collaborations, Polar
- Dr. med. Manfred James Müller | Institute of Human Nutrition | University of Kiel | DANK Gruppe
- Dr. Dr. med. Claus Reinsberger | Head of Department, Sports & Health, University of Paderborn
- med. Götz Welsch | Head of Medical Team, Hamburger SV
- Marko Yrjövuori | Director of Business Development, Hospital Neo Physical Therapy | Director of Coaching, Neo Performance
- Dr. med. Petra Zupet | President, Slovenian Sports Medicine Association
On the first day of the conference, new approaches and technologies which will change the daily routine of sports medicine will be on the forefront. The founder of the SUB2 Marathon project provides an insight into the building blocks of a multidisciplinary 360-monitoring of athletes. Adidas will present the ALL DAY App, developed jointly with the American College of Sports Medicine, for the first time in Europe. Session 1 will also present new approaches to “Digital Life Management” for athletes, as well as relevant innovative VR and hybrid technologies for real training in a virtual world.
In Session 2, the panel discussion will focus on exercise programs that can motivate different target groups to move more. Corporate fitness will be one of the key issues.
Another exciting highlight of Day 1 of the conference is the Guided Innovation Tour. Here, new technologies for sports physicians will be presented during a tour on the exhibition grounds of MEDICA. Participants will have a good overview of the trade fair halls relevant to sports medicine. Day on ends at the Get-Together where the latest wearables for sports physicians can be tested at the WT | Wearable Technologies Show at MEDICA.
Day 2 starts with innovative approaches for the monitoring of vital data and sports performance. Topics range from the measurement of movement quality, through analysis in real-time at the point of care, to new findings for the diagnosis of cranial and brain injuries. The importance of sleep for regeneration, injury prevention and sports performance, as well as new methods for the analysis of sleep behavior are also presented in this session.
In Session 5, the individualization of training and exercise programs is on the agenda. What are the procedures for “Return-to-Activity” in the Bundesliga? What strategies do star athletes pursue in “return-to-activity” and “return-to-play”? Exciting personal “stories”, training programs and their results are on the program from the use of specific monitoring procedures for the optimal training of individual athletes and teams, to the rehabilitation of a severe traumatic brain injury.
Digital innovations for sports medicine and top-level and broad sports will be presented in Session 6 on Wednesday afternoon. A smart running coach based on biomechanical data, innovative gaming technologies for ball sports, wearables for regeneration and back-training, new methods for the real-time analysis of cardiac arrhythmia, stretchable electronics for high-precision force and performance measurement, and solutions for corporate fitness management.
- Ben Brother | CEO, TRACKTICS
- Ricard Delgado-Gonzalo | Senior R & D Engineer, CSEM
- Jim Johnson | CEO, WearTech Therapeutics
- Tytti Julkunen | CMO, Chairman of the Board of Directors, FORCIOT
- Markos Kern | CEO & Founder, Fun With Balls / InteractiveSQUASH
- Christoph von Oldershausen | Founder & CEO, motion24
- Christophe Ramstein | CEO, Myotest
- Christoph Tischner | Managing Partner & CMO, 8sense
There are 11 CME points for participation in the conference. The ticket to the conference also allows entry into the fair.
The 5th MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE is the perfect dialogue platform and the hot spot of MEDICA for innovation and business development in the sports medicine sector. Cooperation partners of the conference are the American College of Sports Medicine (Exercise is Medicine), the German Sports Medicine Association (DGSP), EFSMA, FIMS, Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI), the German Society of Sport Science (DVS), ISPO, Perform Better Europe, WISS (Wearables im Spitzensport) & WT | Wearable Technologies.
In addition, companies such as HUR, Polar, Hocoma, Medtronic, OXY4, Qualisys, as well as others will showcase the latest technology and newest products to support athletes in recreational and elite sports as well as the everyday lives of people.
Contact Program Management
Dr. Sonja Sulzmaier
+49 8152 99 88 623
Contact Conference Organization and Partnerships
+49 8152 99 88 622